This is a basic sous vide pork chop is juicy and thick cut like a steak – you’ll be able to customize your pork chop from here. We’ll pair this with sweet and tangy sous vide red cabbage. A great plan ahead meal ready in minutes.
1 inch thick pork chop
1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic Powder (optional)
½ head of red cabbage
1 apple sliced – we used gala
½ onion sliced
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
- Set water bath to 140F.
- Season pork chop(s) with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder generously on both sides.
- Add pork chop to heavy-duty freezer bag or vacuum sealer bag and remove air.
- Sous vide for 1.5 – 3 hours.
- Put it in ice water to stop the cooking process and allow to chill for 10 mins.
- Finish in a very hot, pan or grill. No more than 2 mins per side.
- Set water bath to 190F.
- Add all ingredients into a vacuum sealer bag.
- Remove air from bag.
- Sous vide for 45mins.
- Serve with pork chops and a side of sour cream (optional).