Are you dreading that cardboard of a turkey for Thanksgiving? Well, using the sous vide, you’ll never have to worry about that again. You’re going to have the juiciest Thanksgiving turkey you and your guests have EVER eaten. Take it the extra mile with our sous vide Cranberry Sauce, sides, and stuffing.
Oil or Melted Butter (We used a sage infused oil)
1lb Fresh cranberries
1 Cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1 Orange
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
½ Teaspoon of nutmeg
- Remove any innards that come inside of the turkey.
- Spatchcock the turkey by cutting out the backbone.
- Carefully separate the skin from the meat using your fingers, or other blunt utensils. Try your best to not break or tear the skin, you can make small incisions with a small sharp knife if necessary. The most important part is the breast, but ou can do it with the thighs and drums as well.
- Dry brine the turkey by salting between the skin and the meat all over. Use your hands to rub it into the meat.
- Place the turkey onto a wire rack over a baking sheet into the fridge overnight.
- 6-7 Hours before your planned meal time, set the water bath to 150F.
- Place the turkey into an expandable vacuum bag that will fit the turkey. Make sure the skin side is against the smooth side of the bag. Add sage leaves to the bottom side of the turkey.
- Seal the bag. It’s best to double seal and double bag as there may be sharp bones sticking out.
- Cook in the water bath for 6 hours.
- Once the time is up, shock chill the turkey is cold or ice water.
- Remove the turkey from the bag. Save the juices for gravy or stock.
- Place on a wire rack then into a preheated 500F oven.
- Once turkey is golden brown it’s ready to go. It will take approximately 30 mins.
- Set sous vide to 190F. This is the same temperature as time as a few other sides, feel free to put them all in at the same time.
- Add cranberries, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a vacuum seal bag.
- Double seal the bag on both sides.
- Add bag to the water bath for 1 hour. Make sure to weigh down the bag as it floats.
- After time is up, remove the bag and crush the berries. Shock in cold or ice water.
- Place into serving bowl and into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.